Return to Play
• Ensure proper separate or staggered access and egress for individuals attending.
• Arrive to the court already changed and ready to play
• After going to the toilet, thoroughly wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap or alcohol gel (minimum 60% ethanol or 70% is propanol)
• No handshakes, high fives or other contact, Social distancing rules apply, (currently 2 metres distance)
• Avoid touching high-contact surfaces such as door handles, benches, chairs etc.
• The coach should not move freely between pods but rather oversee the activity of the pods keeping social distance as much as possible.
• A coach should not work within the 2m rule in a pod, but if they do enter the pod they must be counted as one of the “Pod” and they must not leave that pod and enter another.
• Ball washing or wiping down with wipes should be done prior to starting.
• All HSE, Basketball Ireland, Government and child protection guidelines are adhered to.
• Face masks for coaches, support staff and officials must be used
• A single ball should be used by one pod for training session.
• Use of bibs washed or bibs brought directly by the player should be used
• No shared towels.
• No shared water bottles.
• No ‘crates’ of water to be provided by coaches.
• No handshakes, high fives, team training is allowed in line with Basketball rules.
• Have plenty of hand sanitiser available courtside with regular stoppages (the recommendation is every 30 minutes) for application.
• Social distancing rules apply for non-participants.
• Basketball rules apply within the training environment but maintenance of 2-meter distancing rule still in place for non-participants..
• Players should clean ball before and after training.
• Once team practices commence, it is recommend that the wiping balls be done every 30 minutes.
• Immediate hand washing or hand sanitizing for a minimum of 20 seconds.
• Ball washing/wiping at the end of the session – everyone to wash their own.
• Advised against changing at the venue
• No congregating at the venue after your game.
• No handshakes, high fives or other bodily contact.
• Carpooling not recommended.